Key Staff & Office Divisions
Chief of Staff
The Executive Office is led by the Attorney General, Chief of Staff and Chief Deputy who provide the Office with overall policy and management. The Executive Office staff includes a Director of Community Outreach and Education, Director of Legislative Affairs, and Director of Communications. The Executive Office is the focal point for policy development, external communications, emergencies, and issues that are sensitive or have broad impact.
The Criminal Division's mission is to protect the citizens of Arizona by successfully investigating and aggressively and fairly prosecuting criminal cases within the State of Arizona and in representing the State in capital and non-capital appeals.
Public Advocacy Division
The Public Advocacy Division is made up of Consumer Protection and Environmental Enforcement. The Division pursues those who prey upon the public and threaten the economic and environmental well-being of Arizonans. The Division's attorneys provide legal advice to the State's Banking, Real Estate, and Insurance Departments. (Continued)
Child and Family Protection Division
The Child and Family Protection Division (CFP) provides comprehensive legal representation to ADES, with more than 320 employees in locations throughout Arizona.
The Civil Division provides comprehensive legal services for its many clients across State government in lawsuits concerning employment discrimination, personal injuries, licensing, property damage, and constitutional law issues. It also defends the State against liability lawsuits.
Civil Rights Division
The mission of the Civil Rights Division is to enforce civil rights laws, increase public awareness of civil rights, and provide dispute resolution services. The Division's major duty is to enforce state and federal statutes that prohibit discrimination in employment, voting, public accommodations, disability, and housing by investigating and litigating civil rights complaints.
The Finance Division provides legal advice, litigation, budgetary, contract, accounting and financial control services and advice to the Office and to the executive and judicial branches of State government.
Employee Services Division
The Employee Services Office consists of Human Resources and Facilities Management. Human Resources provides internal support for employee benefits and records, employee relations, and personnel practices. Facilities Management oversees building maintenance, security, and loss prevention issues.
Solicitor General's Office
The Solicitor General's Office is responsible for:
• Ensuring the quality of the Attorney General Office's appellate practice;
• Overseeing the preparation and publication of official Attorney General Opinions;
• Representing the Clean Elections Commission and Secretary of State on election law issue and handling civil election law and campaign finance enforcements;
• Providing independent advice to State government agencies and boards in administrative proceedings in which Assistant Attorney Generals serve as advocates;
• Reviewing constitutional challenges to Arizona state laws and representing the State in selected cases;
• Coordinating the Attorney General Office's continuing legal education (CLE) program;
• Providing advice to all attorneys of the AG's Office involving ethics issues;
• Coordinating the work of the Open Meeting Law Enforcement Team and the Public Records Task Force.