Registered lobbyist are able to apply to use ELF (Electronic Lobbyist Filing) to securely file their Lobbyist Expenditure Reports on-line via the Secretary of State web site ( http://www.azsos.gov) . There are four things that need to happen before you can start using ELF:
Go to the New User Page and complete the required information
- Choose your own user id and password (password known only to you)
- Enter your current email address
- Answer a security password question (in case you ever forget your password)
- At the end of this process you will be supplied with an activation code. RECORD THE ACTIVATION CODE ON THE USER REGISTRATION FORM IN STEP 2.
Fill out and print the ELF Registration Form
- Fill out all information on the top of the user registration form
- RECORD THE ACTIVATION CODE SUPPLIED IN STEP 1 (above) ON THE USER REGISTRATION FORM
- Appear before a notary public, sign the form, and have it notarized
- Mail the form to:
Arizona Secretary of State
Lobbyist Filing (ELF)
1700 W. Washington St. Floor 7
Phoenix, AZ 85007
You will receive an email notification when we receive your completed form and activate your ELF account.
Your user id and password is your electronic signature! You will use it to sign legally binding forms and it holds the same force and effect as your signature on paper forms. Being that it is yours, please take care in safekeeping your user id and password and follow the recommended security precautions:
- Always keep the password to yourself; do not share with others.
Sharing your password with others would allow them to use your digital signature for legally binding documents.
- Report a stolen userid/password to the Secretary of State immediately.
- Always read the document your are about to submit, as submitting a form using digital signatures holds the same effect as signing a binding paper document.
|Disclaimer||1700 West Washington, 7th Floor, Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Phone: (602) 542-8683