For more information, contact Kevin Tyne at 602-542-4919.
House Judiciary Committee
Chairman and fellow members of the Committee.
- I want to thank Chairman Tully and the
rest of the Judiciary Committee for moving forward on this bill so quickly.
- I think it should be pointed out that
if the State of Arizona does not have this funding mechanism in place
when the federal money is distributed, we could be passed over completely.
- In addition, it has been discussed at
the federal level that if full federal funding is not appropriated to
cover the costs of the Help America Vote Act, that the money could be
distributed on a "first come-first serve" basis.
- Given this situation, I very much urge
the committee to approve Chairman Tullys amendment to add an Emergency
Clause to this bill.
- For the committees information,
the Senate Judiciary Committee to similar action yesterday with a unanimous
"do pass" vote.
- Mr. Chairman, again thank you for your
assistance on this bill, and Id be happy to answer any questions.