Am I Eligible?
All of the eligibility criteria must be met to apply to the program. The eligibility criteria for applicants are:
- Is a victim of domestic violence, sexual offense (such as rape, sexual assault, molestation), or stalking;
- Is in fear of her or his safety;
- Has moved in the past 90 days to a place unknown by the perpetrator or is planning to move to a place unknown to the perpetrator in the near future within Arizona;
- Has documentation to support victimization; and
- Is an adult, or a parent or guardian acting on behalf of a minor or incapacitated person.
How Do I Enroll?
Applicants do not enroll or apply directly with the Arizona Address Confidentiality Program. Any person interested in applying to the program must meet in person with a registered Application Assistant. Application assistants are located throughout the state in agencies and non-profit programs that provide counseling, referral, shelter, or assistance to victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, and stalking.
To find an Application Assistant near you:
- Locate an Application Assistant in Arizona
- Call the Address Confidentiality Program at 602-542-1653
Application Assistants will:
- Explain what the program does;
- Explain participant responsibilities while enrolled in the program;
- Work with the victim/survivor to incorporate the ACP into her/his overall safety plan;
- Assist applicants with completing the application;
- Recommend the applicant into the ACP and forward the application directly to the ACP.
Program staff reviews all completed applications. If an application is approved, program participants are certified for five years. All certified participants are issued an Arizona Address Confidentiality Authorization Card and a handbook on how to use the substitute address effectively with government agencies.
Applicants are not authorized to use the ACP substitute address until they receive her/his welcome packet that includes the authorization card. Program staff will not provide a substitute address over the phone.