The Secretary of State maintains a public record of “Athlete Agents,” meaning someone who directly or indirectly recruits or solicits a student athlete to enter into an agency contract.
A person cannot claim to be an Athlete Agent until he or she receives a Certificate of Registration from our office.
You are exempt from registration only if the student, or someone acting on behalf of the student, contacts you; however, within 7 days of that initial point of contact you must register with our office.
What to File
Document to File:
Submit a photocopy of an application and registration certificate on file with another state. The filed application and certificate will be acceptable as long as the application meets these requirements, per Arizona Revised Statute ("A.R.S.") § 15-1766 (E):
- Filed within last six months.
- Previous application must have been notarized.
- Application content must be similar, or more comprehensive, than our form.
Filing Fee: $20. Checks and money orders can be made out to “Arizona Secretary of State.” Please do not send cash. We recommend paying with cash for in-person filings only.
Filing Length: 2 years
Processing time: 5 days
- Double check: is your application notarized? Did you include the filing fee?
- No bond is required for an Arizona Athlete Agent registration or renewal.
- A duplicate certificate is $3 and can be requested with a public records request form.
- The public listing search is updated during the first and third week of the month.
- Copies of received applications can be requested with a Public Record Request Form (PDF). Plain copies of applications on file are 10 cents per page, and include $3 extra per request if you require certified copies. An application is kept on file for 6 years after it has been filed, cancelled or revoked.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 602-542-6187 or 1-800-458-5842
Where to File
Filing By Mail
Secretary of State
Attn: Athlete Agent Dept.
1700 W. Washington Street, Fl. 7
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2808
In-Person Filing - Phoenix Office
State Capitol Executive Tower
1700 W. Washington Street
In-Person Filing - Tucson Office
Arizona State Complex Building
400 West Congress
First Floor, Suite 141