Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) establishes a standard for recording liens across the country. The Secretary of State processes liens which protect financial interests on, for example, consumer goods or commercial equipment.
Each document receives a unique 12-digit filing number assigned by our UCC program, and is available for viewing on our UCC search as public record. That filing number, the debtor name or secured party name can be used to search our website for detailed information regarding the lien filing.
What to File
Document to File:
- UCC 1: Financing Statement: creates lien filing in system
- UCC 1a: Financing Statement Addendum: offers fields for an additional debtor, secured party and collateral
- UCC 1ap: Financing Statement Additional Party: provides for multiple additional debtors and secured parties
- UCC 3: Financing Statement Amendment: amends previously filed liens
- UCC 3a: Financing Statement Amendment Addendum: offers fields for additional collateral
- UCC 3ap: Financing Statement Amendment Additional Party: adds additional debtors and secured parties
- UCC 11: Search Request: provides copies of liens, certified copies or listing of debtors by name or lien number
- UCC 5: Information Request (Correction Statement): allows debtor or secured party to dispute a filing
- UCC 1: $9
- UCC 1a: none, must be submitted with completed UCC 1
- UCC 1ap: none, must be submitted with completed UCC 1
- UCC 3: $9 for continuations, assignments, and any amendments.
- UCC 3: $2 for terminations only
- UCC 3a: none, must be submitted with completed UCC 3
- UCC 3ap: none, must be submitted with completed UCC 3
- UCC 11: Pricing varies upon search requested (see UCC11 Manual for further instruction)
- UCC 5: $9
You may expedite your application if you include an additional $25 fee. Checks and money orders can be made out to, “Arizona Secretary of State.” Please do not send cash by mail.
Filing Length: Standard liens are effective for 5 years. Manufactured home liens are effective for 30 years. Tax, Restitution, Racketeering, and Utility liens do not expire.
Processing Time: 5 days from receipt. Expedited applications are processed within 1-2 days from when we receive your application.
- Our office will not return a filed document unless you include a prepaid return envelope.
- Our office does not require acknowledgment copies.
- Certified UCC search results cannot be acquired on our public search website. All filings will be watermarked “uncertified”.
- Please do not staple checks to documents. We encourage that all documents be paper clipped.
- If you have any questions, please call us at 602-542-6187 or 1-800-458-5842 or email us.
Where to File
Filing By Mail
Secretary of State
Attn: UCC Dept.
1700 W. Washington Street, Fl. 7
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2808
In-Person Filing - Phoenix Office
State Capitol Executive Tower
1700 W. Washington Street
In-Person Filing - Tucson Office
Arizona State Complex Building
400 West Congress
First Floor, Suite 141