The Arizona Advance Directive Registry is a free registry to electronically store and access your medical directives. Our secure and confidential program grants peace of mind to registrants and their families, and easy access to all health care providers.
What to File
Documents to File: Registration Agreement (PDF) and photocopy of documents to register
Filing Fee: None
Processing Time: 3 weeks
- We only register these documents*:
- Submit a photocopy of your directives, NOT your originals. We cannot mail back original documents.
- You must send back the signed verification letter we provide in your confirmation package in order for your registry to be activated. If we don’t receive your verification letter, you will not be able to access your documents.
- The Registration Agreement must be signed prior to mailing.
- Please do not staple your documents. We encourage that all documents be paper clipped.
- You can have your ID cards laminated to prevent wear and tear!
- If you have any questions, please call us at 602-542-6187 or 1-800-458-5842 or email us.
Where to File
Filing By Mail
Secretary of State
Attn: Advance Directive Dept.
1700 W. Washington Street, Fl 7
Phoenix, AZ 85007
In-Person Filing - Phoenix Office
State Capitol Executive Tower
1700 W. Washington Street
Second Floor, Suite 220
In-Person Filing - Tucson Office
Arizona State Complex Building
400 W. Congress
First Floor, Suite 141